Soil Solarization Material
Soil Solarization Paper
Soil Solarization can be used to control Soil - borne disease, bacteria, fungi, insects, nematodes and weeds. Soil Solarization is normally done by covering the moist soil with a 25 Micron transparent polyethylene film exposed to sunlight.
Advantages of Soil Solarization
- Controls weed, nematodes and other soil borne diseases.
- Enhances germination and helps in the development of healthy seedlings.
- Enhances plant growth and yield.
- Helps in reducing usage of weedicides / herbicides.
Specification of Soil Solarization Paper
- Transparent in color
- High Barrier
- Heavy Duty
- Width : 4.1 meter
- Length : 250 Meter in 1 Roll
- Thickness : 25 Micron
The Formaldehyde chemical is used to Soil Solarization.Formaldehyde is marketed as Formalin, an aqueous solution, which contains 37-40% formaldehyde, which has a poor penetration and diffusion ability.For drenching, Formalin is used at the rate of 10 Kgs. for 100 sq. meter. i.e. 400 Kgs. of Formalin will be required for 4000 sq. meter Greenhouse.