Soil Moisture Sensor
These innovative sensors will enable you to monitor soil moisture accurately and affordably with a standard 2-wire, 4-20 mA analog interface for use with many data acquisition and control systems.
- Electrical Interface : Standard 4-20 mA, 2-wire analog transmitter
- Supply voltage : 10-32 VDC continuous
- Output current : 4-20 mA
- Overvoltage protection : Yes
- Reverse polarity protection : Yes
- Settling time : 4 seconds
- Wiring: Red wire : (+) supply
- Black wire : (-) output
- Shield : Not connected
- Type : Volumetric water content (VWC)
- Range : 0-50% VWC typical
- Resolution : Depends on current measurement (data acquisition) device
- +- 4 % VWC with factory mineral soil calibration in a typical mineral soil;
- +- 1-2% VWC with medium-specific calibration in most porous medium.